ONTARIO EQUESTRIAN FEDEATION (OEF)
As Ontario’s provincial sport organization for equestrian the OEF is committed to equine welfare and providing leadership and support to individuals, associations and industries in Ontario’s horse communities. Committed to the highest standards of horse welfare, advocacy, pursuits and accessibility, the OEF represents more than 22,000 members from all sectors of the horse industry including professionals, amateurs, competitors and recreational enthusiasts of all ages and disciplines. The OEF provides leadership and support to the individuals, associations and industries in Ontario’s equine community.
OEF provides educational material for new riders, coaches and competitors on a variety of topics:
- safety (helmet, prevention of concussion and brain injuries, road safety, stable safety)
- horse health (finding a veterinarian, health and care)
OEF offers a variety of educational programs including:
- learn to ride programs – national rider level testing program to teach English and western riders safe horsemanship and practices
- Ride ON reward program for riders
- Clinics for coaches, instructor examination, national certification programs in both English and Western disciplines as well as long term athlete development
- Officials Programs to become a provincially or nationally certified judge, steward or course designer
- Trail Guide certification
The OEF quarterly member publication – WHOA – includes industry updates, member achievements and information about events. Schleese is a proud business member, Gold Sponsor and educational partner of the OEF.