Courses #2 + #3 Equine Ergonomist Course - Fort Myers, FL
February 3rd, 2019 - February 7th, 2019 | North Fort Myers, FL
Courses #2 and #3 – Equine Ergonomist Course
Instructor: Jochen Schleese, CMS, CSE
Course #2 and #3 are the next segments to becoming a Certified Equine Ergonomist. A Certified Equine Ergonomist (CEE) works with riders to diagnose, analyze, and make recommendations on saddles and saddle fit; as a certified professional, you are able to augment your income. Certified Equine Ergonomists work collaboratively with retailers, saddlers, and Certified Saddle Ergonomists. This course will enable students to do the externship to become a CEE, or if certification is not desired, be able to truly evaluate saddle fit.
- Review and add more depth to the introductory course
- Equine ergonomics, measuring the horse, rider, and saddle
- How to obtain a detailed horse description
- Assessing saddle fit to horse and rider (how a saddle affects the rider’s position and how the rider then affects the horse), tree angle and width
- Assessing static and dynamic fit
- Assessing saddle condition, considering the various disciplines and saddle manufacturers
- Formulating viable solutions, and testing.
Course Duration: 5 days (8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
- Must have attended Course #1 within last 12 months
- Must have read “Suffering in Silence” by Jochen Schleese
Cost: $2595 (Early Bird Discount: $2,335.50 up until Dec. 3, 2018)
Class Size: Limited to 10 participants – so register early!
- Theoretical Classroom Instruction
- Practical in-barn Demonstrations and hands-on practice
- Curriculum Workbook
Cancellation prior to 60 days before course start date will ensure you receive a full refund of any course fees paid minus a $100 processing fee. Within the 60-30 days before the course start date, a refund will only be made with a doctor’s note and will be subject to a $100 processing fee. Within 30 days of the course start date, course fees are forfeited unless you fill the spot with someone else. Alternatively, we can keep your paid fees on account for a year for you to use at a subsequent course if the spot is not filled.